BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
BMW 330i 2004
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just replaced both of the external lens cover for my 2004 330i.

There is NO NEED to remove the entire headlight unit, just so you know.

Here's what I did:
  1. Remove the side signal light next the headlight unit by unscrewing the screw that is vertically above.
  2. Pop out the signal light
  3. Unsnap the plastic clips from the black upper trim right above the lens cover. Take your time and don't break the clips. Use a flat-head to assist you.
  4. Unsnap the painted trim at the bottom of the lens cover.
  5. Use a flat head screw driver to help pop off all the plastic snapped-on clips which holds the lens cover. There should be 6 or 7 of them. Don't use too much force or you will break them but, with the help of the flat-head, patiently unsnap each one of them.
  6. Wiggle the entire headlight lens cover until it comes off.

Do the reverse when you install the new one.

Of course, you want to use some optical lens liquid cleaner to clean the film of dust/dirt off the internal projector lenses and reflectors before you install the new lens cover.

·
Registered
BMW 330i 2004
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Final result

Final result from Driver's side

Attachments

·
Registered
BMW 330i 2004
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Discussed many many times throughout the years. Thanks for the refresher for members that haven't done this yet. The DIY is in my sig below as well
Thanks for all of your contributed articles and goodies. You have no idea how helpful they are to us!

Also, as an aside thingy, do you have any recommendations for clear tail-lights upgrades? My 1st attempt failed miserably with something recommended by 50's-Kid.

·
Shifting
31,926 Posts
Thanks for all of your contributed articles and goodies. You have no idea how helpful they are to us!

Also, as an aside thingy, do you have any recommendations for clear tail-lights upgrades? My 1st attempt failed miserably with something recommended by 50's-Kid.
You're very welcome!

As for the tail lights I recommend OEM red/clear/red if you can afford it, if not the DEPO brand is good. I used to have LED tail lights on my facelift E46 but they had intermittent issues due to cheap led capacitors, etc. After I went to RCR it was flawless. I ended up using LED bulbs from theretrofitsource for the entire rear except the turn signal

·
Registered
BMW 330i 2004
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Cool, thanks for the recommendations.

Is RCR = Red Clear Red ?

·
Registered
0 Posts
So where did you get the covers? Sorry I haven***8217;t tried looking for them yet. This post made me think of it for the first time. Is there quality differences out there? Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts