BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a 2003 325i no warranty (repair/accidented) and my Climate control blower works half the time at various speeds... basically it sounds like the famous Final Stage Unit is dead...

Ok.. now i went to the dealer to buy this peice but i need to know where it goes. Through various forums, it shows it under the glove compartement (to the left side) and we have to remove the glove compartement etc...

then i found other sources saying that it is right to the 1 oclock position above the drivers gas pedal...

As you see.. i am confused and dont want to dissasemble for nothing..!
Please someone where is this Final stage unit located on my 2003 325i 4door. Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump
shpacker69 said:
Hi i have a 2003 325i no warranty (repair/accidented) and my Climate control blower works half the time at various speeds... basically it sounds like the famous Final Stage Unit is dead...

Ok.. now i went to the dealer to buy this peice but i need to know where it goes. Through various forums, it shows it under the glove compartement (to the left side) and we have to remove the glove compartement etc...

then i found other sources saying that it is right to the 1 oclock position above the drivers gas pedal...

As you see.. i am confused and dont want to dissasemble for nothing..!
Please someone where is this Final stage unit located on my 2003 325i 4door. Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Final Stage Resistor

Hi shpacker69

My car is an australian model and I also had a lot of difficulty finding the final stage resistor but finally I found it.

It's located on the right hand side just behind the vent on the right hand side. It means for me (AUSSIE CAR) that I had to remove the underside panel in the drivers side.

I've attached the pics to show approx where it is.

Note that depending on where the car is i.e. US or UK, it is totally different.
Hope this helps

Attachments

·
Registered
800 Posts
By the book...

... section 640-23

Remove rt. footwell air duct as described earlier.

working under rt. side of dash at side of IHKA housing, unhook linkage, then remove air distribution motor.

To remove resistor pack from IHKA housing:
1. remove mounting screws (3)
2. detach elect. harness connector
3. press retaining clip away from switch to release switch

Installation is the reverse of removal
1. make sure harness is routed as before
2. align guides and clips correctly

Footwell duct removal...
1. remove glove compt.
etc.etc.etc.

Just git in there an' git 'er done. I can only type so much... Maybe one of the other forum sites has a good diy?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts