BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the f' do you put the high beams back into the light fixture? The low beams were easy. What's the trick with the high beams, specifically the right one.

Thanks

·
Registered
955 Posts
NOTHING REALLY MAN...THEY ARE ALL THE SAME WAY. YOU HAVE TO TWIST THE LOCKING KNOB THAT SURROUND THE HOLE FOR THE BULB. I THINK YOU HAVE TO TWIST IT COUNTERCLOCKWISE TO UNLOCK AND CLOCKWISE TO LOCK IT BACK. YOU SHOULD HEAR A LITTLE SNAP WHEN YOU UNLOCK IT. YOUHAVE TO MAKE SURE THE YOU HAVE THE LITTLE RIDGES LINED UP BEFORE YOU TRY TWISTING IT. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE GOOD LIGHTING SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT YOURE DOING. LINE THE RIDGES UP AND TWIST AND IT SHOULD TURN. THATS ABOUT ALL I CAN TELL YOU. HOPW THAT HELPS......GOOD LUCK:thumbup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll try again tomorrow. You are right about the light. Someone said that it takes 2 minutes. I want to see them do it in 2 minutes.

·
Registered
173 Posts
it took me more than half an hour to put it back in the housing b/c I didn't pay attention to the turning direction and assumed it was right. So make sure you take a good look at it and know which direction is locked. For the high beam, if I'm not remembering it wrong then counterclockwise is locked

·
Registered
199 Posts
I got the left side in 2 minutes...but the right side took me so long I gave up and had to try it again the next day...good luck

·
-not a mod-
31,408 Posts
I had the same problem just keep working at it. The right side took forever, but the left side is easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts