E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After trips to several shops to figure my light problems out, apparently I need to replace the light control modules & the xenon igniters on my 01' 325CI. After some research, I'm thinking about doing it myself as the removal & replacement of these parts seems fairly straightforward. I was wondering if there is anything special that I need to be aware of or do when replacing them. I've read in other forums about needing to get the new modules coded properly or else risk a mileage tampering warning light? Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
After trips to several shops to figure my light problems out, apparently I need to replace the light control modules & the xenon igniters on my 01' 325CI. After some research, I'm thinking about doing it myself as the removal & replacement of these parts seems fairly straightforward. I was wondering if there is anything special that I need to be aware of or do when replacing them. I've read in other forums about needing to get the new modules coded properly or else risk a mileage tampering warning light? Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
A used module will give you a tamper light. I don't think it can be coded either; I wasn't able to code a used module in my car. (I got one off ebay to get the faceplate w/ a rearfoglight switch. Coding didn't work, so I just swapped the faceplate onto my original LSZ. Works fine).

·
Registered
105 Posts
Coding is needed especially when you are installing LCM from touring (for example) to sedan, back lights will not be correct and LCM will show also malfunction on back.

COding is possible

1 - 4 of 4 Posts