BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize in advance because I am sure this question has been answered her a thousand times but I am new. What tires does everyone like for the 2002 M3?? I have 18" rims simply because the 19s would get mangled the first time I drove in NYC. I am going between the stock Mich Pilots, Pilot AX, Bridgestone Pole Positions or Pirelli P Zero. Does it matter that the Pole Pos are not Z rated?? Anyone have any other suggestions??
Thanks Jeff

·
Registered
184 Posts
I would guess that the Z rating is only necessary if you think you might go near those speeds... On the other hand, some tire shops may not sell you a lessor tire, for fear that if you wreck because of tire failure, they might get involved because they knowingly sold you a tire that was not up to the capabilities of the vehicle... I have found Tire Rack (www.tirerack.com) to be very helpful with selecting tires... they have an online area where you can indicate your specific vehicle, and they will show how various tires were rated by others for that and other applications...

·
Registered
149 Posts
jeffnnj said:
I apologize in advance because I am sure this question has been answered her a thousand times but I am new. What tires does everyone like for the 2002 M3?? I have 18" rims simply because the 19s would get mangled the first time I drove in NYC. I am going between the stock Mich Pilots, Pilot AX, Bridgestone Pole Positions or Pirelli P Zero. Does it matter that the Pole Pos are not Z rated?? Anyone have any other suggestions??
Thanks Jeff
I am very much in liking the mark of the pilot sporting of Michelin. wearing traction being better than much of the mark of AVS Sporting of Yokohama by even broader by 4 centimeters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts