BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I just replaced some broken rear springs on my car(2002 325i RWD w/sport pkg)with Bilstein B3 replacement springs. Also used new BMW pads as well. After installing the car now sits a good inch lower than before...is this a known issue with the springs? If so, what’s another brand to go with that would keep the original ride height or should I get the standard version instead of sport?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Hey all! I just replaced some broken rear springs on my car(2002 325i RWD w/sport pkg)with Bilstein B3 replacement springs. Also used new BMW pads as well. After installing the car now sits a good inch lower than before...is this a known issue with the springs? If so, what’s another brand to go with that would keep the original ride height or should I get the standard version instead of sport?
This is covered in depth in a lot a threads. I just had some broken springs and to keep the same ride height you'll need the factory bmw springs. Mine were blue striped.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Thanks, yup that’s what I pulled off mine. Shame, like $130 more haha. Oh well if it’s the right part...
Look on eBay for a good set of used. That's what I did. $75 shipped from Texas. So no salt.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
When yours broke, did she make any noise. Mine creaked over low speed uneven terrain. From inside the cabin it sounded like a clown honking his nose. Drove me mad. Funny part is, before I found a quality set of used factory springs, I removed the broken coil but until I replaced the spring, the rode with me daily.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I vouch for Sachs springs if you want to keep original ride height

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When yours broke, did she make any noise. Mine creaked over low speed uneven terrain. From inside the cabin it sounded like a clown honking his nose. Drove me mad. Funny part is, before I found a quality set of used factory springs, I removed the broken coil but until I replaced the spring, the rode with me daily.

Haha that’s funny! No mine were fine on last inspection and this time were just cracked. No noise, no change in ride either. Don’t even know when it happened

1 - 10 of 10 Posts