E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just bought a 2003 325Ci MSport and love it, but I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of durability of the soft finish on the plastic dash parts. Is there a product available to restore/replace this finish, or do I refinish with say, satin black lacquer and lose the soft touch?

Rob

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Rob

welcome aboard!

There are some refinishing threads in the DIY section that you may wish to search for. In addition to refinishing, some fanatics have simple removed the soft touch material altogether to reveal the hard plastic finish underneath.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Welcome Rob. The way to replicate the same finish is to use Plasti-Dip. However, it doesn't give a very precise finish (around the chrome strip of the sunglasses compartment etc). The alternative is to strip it all back, which I did, but don't recommend as it is very labor intensive and time consuming. Best off buying it new from ECS Tuning. Doesn't work out to be that expensive if you're doing a bulk order!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.