E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends
an apology, I have problems with my Pcv or Ccv crankcase ventilation valve of my m56 engine I am looking everywhere to buy the part but I have no idea where to get it.
I would be grateful if someone could help me know where to buy it, it is the valve with the part number 11127521080-01
Finger Camera accessory Cameras & optics Gas Button

·
Premium Member
4,839 Posts

are the guys who remoulded the diaphragm itself- find the thread on here
about it. I don't know what their current offerings are,
but the first generation has differences to stock.

Another member posted up his 3d printable STL of the original,
which was very generous (that's hours and hours of work)
and you can then modify that to both print easily and to work with
the remoulded diaphragm.

hope that helps.

t

·
Administrator
2013 X1 M-sport
21,816 Posts
@TobyB Looks like they also have the screw-on cover.

·
Registered
2005 330i manual transmission performance package
4,224 Posts
@TobyB Looks like they also have the screw-on cover.
Says there they are producing prototypes and taking preorders, don't have a shipping date yet.
This could be a good replacement for the factory one time removable cap, but I wouldn't hold my breath until these guys deliver, would rather hit paraklas for a CNC-machined cap.

People using M56 valve covers need to get a removable cap and replacement diaphragms.
I've seen comments that the M56 diaphragms don't tear, but those were made years ago. My more recent experience with one valve cover purchased on ebay and another pulled from a junkyard is somewhat different - one membrane had a tear along the outer edge, which will cause vacuum leak. The other was still intact, but covered with a lot of gunk and started breaking as I tried to clean.
All used M56 covers I have seen in person or in pictures had a lot of gunk that requires thorough cleaning after complete disassembly, which includes removing the cap.
I had my two covers hot tanked at a machine shop - they were that dirty...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am thinking about modifying the M56 VC PCV port by capping off the cap/port without a diaphram valve and running the full vac from the intake through a m/e wagner adjustable PCV valve...into a catch can and back to the side port on the VC.

·
Registered
2002 330i auto
209 Posts
I am thinking about modifying the M56 VC PCV port by capping off the cap/port without a diaphram valve and running the full vac from the intake through a m/e wagner adjustable PCV valve...into a catch can and back to the side port on the VC.
Maybe just a typo and you meant plumbing it to the intake. Otherwise, this won't work. You will have no flow if you plumb from the valve cover to the valve cover. I still have mine blanked and connected to half a stock CCV. One day....I'll make a cover.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maybe just a typo and you meant plumbing it to the intake. Otherwise, this won't work. You will have no flow if you plumb from the valve cover to the valve cover. I still have mine blanked and connected to half a stock CCV. One day....I'll make a cover.
Vac source is from intake - controlled by adjustable PCV valve pulling blowby from VC through in-line catch can,,,,will adjust pcv valve to BMW spec of 11.7 - 14.3 mBar crankcase vacuum.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts