E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Fanatics

So I had my car in to have it's windscreen replaced due the old one was cracked. When I got the bar back today I find that the gap on the passangers A-pilar between the screen is much larger than the gap on the drivers side. Drivers side sits flush and it is almost like the pilar is touching the screen. But the I tried to push it in but it seems like it is on properly, what could be the culprit?

//Aqua

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually after checking it out abit more the problem is not with the pilar it is the actual windscreen that has been put on in a bad way. It sticks out from the frame alot more on the passanger side compared to the drivers side, about 0.5cm or so. And u can actually eyeball the fault from around 1 meter outside the car if u know what to look for. Might take pictures tomorrow, gonna give them a call tomorrow about this my fear is they will do nothing to fix it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Picture update to show the difference to me this is unacceptable since the windscreen was perfect when they started.

Passenger side:

Drivers side(as it should be)

Both pictures are taken at the same height of the pilar aprox, the angle might be a but different but not much, just look at the ruler the difference is about 1cm or almost half an inch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.