BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previously had a P0161 post-cat bank 2 sensor 2 CEL. Replaced all 4 O2 sensors with new bosch sensors. Code has not appeared since, but today CEL came on stating P1193. Post-Catalyst Fuel Trim System Bank 2. After some searching people are saying this is O2 sensor related? My sensors are brand new so I am a little baffled. Any ideas what else could cause this? P.s. I am still looking for the culprit to my rough idle and occasional stalling. Maybe this is related to that?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Wow not one answered You for a while huh? I just got that code too and I just did my o2 About 2 weeks ago. Well, I did my pre cat about 6 weeks ago. Post 2 weeks ago. Let's see if we have anything in common. Where did you get your o2s. I got mine know ebay. Now before you start assuming things, hear me out guys. Before me doing any o2s, i had ordered a pair that turned out to be fakes. How did I know? They came in a white box and inside the box was a clear bag with the sensor and a Sticker saying bosch. Also the black Tubing protecting the wires was short, it didn't cover the entire length of wire like the oem did, perhaps missing about 2-4 inches. I ended up returning it for refund. Then, I ordered my pre cats and asked if they came in original bosch boxes. They did. I ordered 4 post catalytic, my uncle who has 530I needed a pair too. The seller told me to save on shipping, he would send all 4 together with an included bosch 02 box. I thought it was fishy so anyways I get them and they were as told. I looked them over and they looked legit. It also had that anti seize stuff around the threads. Maybe. I got duped?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts