E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2001 BMW 330i Sedan
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hood Steering part Motor vehicle Steering wheel Vehicle

My fuel pressure regulator hose (13327561060) is about to fail on the end that goes into the f-connector on the air intake boot. It looks like the ends of that hose come with about two inches of vacuum pipe (11727545323) at each end.

I don't want to replace the entire line as it would be a pain to go under the car and follow the hose all the way to the fuel pressure filter. Would it be possible to just cut and remove the old part of the vacuum pipe and fit the original hose with a new vacuum pipe over it? Would I just be able to slide it over the original hose?

· Registered
2001 BMW 330i Sedan
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So I'm looking at the BMW Black Vacuum Hose (1 Meter) - CRP 11727545323 at FCP Euro and the description says it is "3.5x1.8mm, black silicone"

I'm trying to understand hose measurements so I can source something that will be delivered to me quicker than FCP Euro. What do the measurements 3.5x1.8mm mean? Is one part the inside diameter and the other the outside? Just trying to see if I can find some other options for purchasing this silicone tubing.

Also, If the hose happens to tear more, can I put some sort of tape around it while I wait for the replacement part to come in? What would be recommended for that type of application?

· Premium Member
2005 330xi Auto, 2006 330ci Vert Auto
2,059 Posts
So I'm looking at the BMW Black Vacuum Hose (1 Meter) - CRP 11727545323 at FCP Euro and the description says it is "3.5x1.8mm, black silicone"

I'm trying to understand hose measurements so I can source something that will be delivered to me quicker than FCP Euro. What do the measurements 3.5x1.8mm mean? Is one part the inside diameter and the other the outside? Just trying to see if I can find some other options for purchasing this silicone tubing.

Also, If the hose happens to tear more, can I put some sort of tape around it while I wait for the replacement part to come in? What would be recommended for that type of application?
The inside diameter (ID) is 3.5mm. That is close to 1/8". The recommendation is to replace with silicone vacuum hose as they last much longer. You can buy lengths of 3.5mm ID silicone hoses from many places including eBay and Amazon. Note that silicon vacuum hoses tend to have thicker walls than rubber vacuum hoses.

· Registered
4,011 Posts
Drive to AutoZone. Park the car. Remove that section of hose. Go inside the store. Ask the person at the parts counter for a 12" piece of that same type of hose. Pay them the $.80. Ask to borrow their scissors. Cut a piece to match. Put that on the car and drive home.

· Premium Member
990 Posts

· Registered
2001 BMW 330i Sedan
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another option, maybe with quick delivery if you have an Amazon Prime account:
That's funny. This is the actual one I bought.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts