BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Repaired the right turn signal on my 335 today! Was able to separate the lens and remove all the dried glue used to seal it.. Then checked all connections and found a bad connection that was triggering one vertical bank to flicker quickly. That caused a fault light to be triggered on the dash. Repaired and tested perfectly!
Applied silicone sealant to reseal lens.. Firstly between the lens and the base and then as a complete ring around the lens sealing it completely... Remove tape tomorrow after fully cures and we're done!...
Just saved $150 for a new turn signal!
WOOHOO

Noting location of connectors:

Lens and side panel removed:

I started prying the lens at the back corner where it was thickest with a small flat screwdriver and I was able to get it to separate. Moved along the edge to break the remaining adhesive... finally cleaned edges of remaining adhesive from base and lens after repairing the LED section..

Reassembled and used silicone to seal... Initially between lens and base and then along outside edge to forum a continuous seal.. if it doesn't hold (which it should), I'll grab some butyl Nitrate and use that to seal..

tomorrow remove the tape and it's done!! :freakdanc

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have a BMW, no need for a turn signal. Should've removed it for weight reduction haha

But on a serious note, excellent post and a good amount of money saved!
Good point but since the brake lights are there as well, figured I don't want anyone to smack my ass so I'd keep them there for a while.... LOL

I figure I should let them know I'm going to be in front of them momentarily... not asking for permission; just letting know to expect me.... LOL

:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts