E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's an easy repair for a pro

Car dealers use them all the time, your dealer's service dept will probably refer you if you ask, or google car upholstery repair.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
The vinyl starts to get brittle and dry after 10 years. I got the vinyl repair done for $80 and I had more cracking over the next winter. I ended up replacing my seat bottom with a new OEM cover and my heated seat also returned to full strength. Cost $276.

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,774 Posts
would it look weird if i put a small piece of transparent duct tape over it? :dunno:
You have to plan this weird maneuver very carefully, but it's possible to get a piece of gorilla tape underneath, I bet...but, you have a very little edge before the seam.

You could remove the cover pretty far up to the point and sew from underneath yourself...but that's a pain and might not be necessary if you're avoiding a professional anyway.

No...check that...I think you can get tape under that seam fine...it's just where the pad is and the wire supports begin, but you could probably get a piece of gorilla tape there without removing cover. Stick a probe in (settle down California!).

Other option, some strong sheet of fabric, another piece of vinyl (test with some little piece off a buddies seat!) Sheet of something underneath...and then follow with appropriate glue...they make vinyl adhesive...something strong and flexible...and not too much by heating grid if you've got.

For all you've done for the forum and many good images! You see the nude in this forum yet? Mods must've missed it.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=830524&page=4 #66 Yours are quite a bit better, but still, she has spirit!

Doug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts