BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
In the market for exhuast to best complement my current performance set up.

Current Set up:
UUC SSK
GuppeM intake

Looking to obtain:
Jim Comferti Shark
AA or Remus Exhaust
RE Pullies

Let me know which exhaust to get and how does the package sound?
Thanks

·
Registered
217 Posts
AA Gen3 :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
Love my AA Gen3

Looks good (some don't like the angular thing) and sounds good - not too little and not too much... :thumbup:

·
Registered
157 Posts
AA all the way

Check out my sig. Works and sounds great!
vc

·
Registered
201 Posts
Talking of the AA gen3 exhaust.. where you guys have bought it ? I think I already saw a website where they were selling it for less than 629$ as mentionned on the AA website

something like 500 range

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
Got mine from AA

They were having a 10% off plus free shipping holiday deal if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
201 Posts
found them for 588 shipped on m3motorwerk

Since it's a cat-back exhaust.. does some of you have removed the 1st resonator? or it's just fine like it is ?

·
Formerly 330CI6spd
648 Posts
truwon said:
I'm running it with my 2nd res removed.
AA Gen3....

I'm thinking about removing my 2nd res soon... how does the sound compare to with?

I don't want it to drone or be annoying on the freeway.. :idea:

·
Registered
616 Posts
cabana said:
found them for 588 shipped on m3motorwerk

Since it's a cat-back exhaust.. does some of you have removed the 1st resonator? or it's just fine like it is ?
It's not cat-back, it's from the second resonator back. I've had mine since the GenIII tips came out. Sounds good to me with the resonators. Also bought from M3M good prices and good service :thumbup:

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,922 Posts
330CI6spd said:
I'm thinking about removing my 2nd res soon... how does the sound compare to with?

I don't want it to drone or be annoying on the freeway.. :idea:
well I had the 2nd res removed when I was running a different exhaust before the active, so I really cant tell you how it sounded before, but I definately love the sound of it with out the res.

As for droning, no issues here.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
201 Posts
BeBeQ said:
my Remus is not that loud as I want it to be :hmm:, go for AA

Remus is known for their weak but beautifull sound. You can afford removing both resonator with a remus exhaust. I had the rally style one on my old e36 m3 with both resonators off and it was incredible.. I have a movieclip if you wonder

I wonder if AA can beat that sound.. even the cops were telling me it was such a beautifull sound that even if it was too loud, there was no problem :woot:

·
Registered
28,946 Posts
I know this isn't really being considered... but I love my Hamann DTM exhaust. The only thing I didn't like about it was the DTM tips so I have them custom weld them down (now they look like HUGE stock tips with the Hamann pegasus logo on them). The sound is amazing... it doesn't sound at all like a standard car with an aftermarket exhaust, rather it sounds like a high end stock performance car (instead of sounding like a 3 series with an exhaust it sounds like an old 911 [very deep rumble with an ability to litteraly shake the cabin a bit when down at the really low rpms]). If you have an aftermarket intake that sounds anything like the ECIS, a simple way to describe the sound of the Hamann exhaust is that it sounds very similar to the ECIS intake (just at different rpms). I.E, when you are in the low rpms putting little effort on the engine, you can blatently hear the exhaust making a similar note to the ECIS intake... while gunning it, you can hear the ecis intake and the hamann exhaust puting out an almost identical note. When slowing down, you hear the exhaust (louder than at any other point) winding down...its an awesome note. All and all I love my Hamann and wouldn't trade it for anyting in the world. (P.S. I don't have either resonator removed...am considering taking the first one off when my warranty expires in 26k miles).

That being said, my friend just had an AA put on his 2004 M3. The car sounds sick mic nasty loud. I really like riding in it but could never put up with it as a daily driver... sitting in the back seat the exhaust actually rings in your ear at low rpms to the point where its kinda painful. On the other hand, with the top down on the freeway it sounded awesome. Its all a trade off....

I would say if you want something LOUD that will have people looking at your car (either cause they think its a good sound or a bad one) get the AA, if you want something tame that lets you (and any other e46fanatic) know you have an aftermarket set up, go with Hamann... if you want something in the middle, go with Remus.

Hamann :bow:
Ahsan (my custom installer) :bow:

·
Registered
768 Posts
:hmm: its not really THAT loud
2000_328CI said:
I know this isn't really being considered... but I love my Hamann DTM exhaust. The only thing I didn't like about it was the DTM tips so I have them custom weld them down (now they look like HUGE stock tips with the Hamann pegasus logo on them). The sound is amazing... it doesn't sound at all like a standard car with an aftermarket exhaust, rather it sounds like a high end stock performance car (instead of sounding like a 3 series with an exhaust it sounds like an old 911 [very deep rumble with an ability to litteraly shake the cabin a bit when down at the really low rpms]). If you have an aftermarket intake that sounds anything like the ECIS, a simple way to describe the sound of the Hamann exhaust is that it sounds very similar to the ECIS intake (just at different rpms). I.E, when you are in the low rpms putting little effort on the engine, you can blatently hear the exhaust making a similar note to the ECIS intake... while gunning it, you can hear the ecis intake and the hamann exhaust puting out an almost identical note. When slowing down, you hear the exhaust (louder than at any other point) winding down...its an awesome note. All and all I love my Hamann and wouldn't trade it for anyting in the world. (P.S. I don't have either resonator removed...am considering taking the first one off when my warranty expires in 26k miles).

That being said, my friend just had an AA put on his 2004 M3. The car sounds sick mic nasty loud. I really like riding in it but could never put up with it as a daily driver... sitting in the back seat the exhaust actually rings in your ear at low rpms to the point where its kinda painful. On the other hand, with the top down on the freeway it sounded awesome. Its all a trade off....

I would say if you want something LOUD that will have people looking at your car (either cause they think its a good sound or a bad one) get the AA, if you want something tame that lets you (and any other e46fanatic) know you have an aftermarket set up, go with Hamann... if you want something in the middle, go with Remus.

Hamann :bow:
Ahsan (my custom installer) :bow:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts