E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just got a REMUS "Twin 02" installed on my e46 328i. Looks amazing, but is really silent.
I noticed that there are two silencers built into the BMW exhaust system. :confused:

Did anyone tried to remove at least one of them?

B

Attachments

·
Registered
751 Posts
hey, i have the remus as well, after about 500 miles (maybe a little more) it gets "burned in" and starts to sound much deeper. I also added an ECIS intake and that made it sound a lot lot lot deeper and better. So, wait a little while before removing a resonator... i say this because i felt the EXACT same way as you did when i first got mine installed. :thumbup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I take your word on it. I don't want the car to get really loud for sure... It was just kinda wierd that it sounds exactly the same way as the factory muffler :eek:

·
Registered
751 Posts
yea... exactly how i felt, as soon as i drove it off from the shop i was kinda pissed cause it didnt sound any different... but the biggest difference was the ECIS intake, definatly recomend getting that mod soon. You will not be dissapointed :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
wow those tips fit perfectly in there

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have a Remus on my A4. It wasn't after a few thousand miles that I started to really really hear it when I push the engine. The exhaust sounds great when the car is underload driving through mountain roads (uphill). People always ask me if I have an intake or full exahust but I only got a muffler =)

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,789 Posts
[email protected] that looks real good
:thumbup:
yeah, I would wait for the exhaust to break in, and then if it is still too quiet, hack off the resonator closest to the muffler. that should make a difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts