E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Remus DTM for sale. It has been used for a little while, but is in GREAT overall shape. The sound is awesome. I'm looking for $350 shipped obo. pics available upon request. It will fit a 323/328 but will also fit 325/330 with modification.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I think the sound is too "un-noticeable". I love to be noticed. My friend has an Audi with a Remus and his sounds bad-ass and you can hear it from like a half mile away. I think the muffler shop screwed mine up lol. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I want it louder. I don't hink I can sell it though. I just found out the muffler shop basically made it a custom fab. and it would ruin my car if they took it off, and it isn't feasable to be put onto another car. Oh well, I love the Remus, I just want more sound. Maybe I can't hear it because BMW's are so well insulated?? I do love Remus...maybe it's just my imagination? Sorry for those who were interested.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Dougs325 said:
Well, I think the sound is too "un-noticeable". I love to be noticed. My friend has an Audi with a Remus and his sounds bad-ass and you can hear it from like a half mile away. I think the muffler shop screwed mine up lol. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I want it louder. I don't hink I can sell it though. I just found out the muffler shop basically made it a custom fab. and it would ruin my car if they took it off, and it isn't feasable to be put onto another car. Oh well, I love the Remus, I just want more sound. Maybe I can't hear it because BMW's are so well insulated?? I do love Remus...maybe it's just my imagination? Sorry for those who were interested.
did they removed the outer resonator? check it out its worthwhile :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
.:DSï:. said:
did they removed the outer resonator? check it out its worthwhile :thumbup:
Hmm, outer resonator? I was only aware of our resonators in the middle of our pipes, unless that's what you're talking about??

·
Registered
305 Posts
yea i believe thats what hes saying

Outer as in the 2nd resonator, the one towards the rear of the car..

hes suggesting you have it removed for somewhere around 40 bucks, and ur remus should sound louder for you..

·
Registered
305 Posts
I dont think hes selling anymore guys...

read his post a few up...

anyways.. it says his exhaust was custom fab.. so it would ruin it to take off..

im guessing that would mean he got it welded on...

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well it is supposed to be for a 323/328, and yes it is welded on. I do have my Dinan left over hpwever, so I could put that back on, but I'd have to take a look at my pipes to see if I could make them "two" again. If the price was right I would do that anyways.

·
Registered
280 Posts
weld?

Dougs325 said:
Well it is supposed to be for a 323/328, and yes it is welded on. I do have my Dinan left over hpwever, so I could put that back on, but I'd have to take a look at my pipes to see if I could make them "two" again. If the price was right I would do that anyways.
Are you sure it has to be welded? DO you have to weld all mufflers on a 330ci?

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts