BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
The fabric on my trim is wrinkling at the bottom-- does the trim just pull off -- anyone know of a link to show this--I know there are airbags behind the trim -- does that affect removal? --Thanks G
Pop the "srs airbag" middle, plastic pieces out. You will see three screws along the pillar. All done.

P.S - for safety reasons, some people advice to disconnect the battery when working in areas where airbags are located.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Ganicki, what are you intending to use for adhesive?

Will 3M Super 77 work? I need to fix mine as well...

·
Registered
593 Posts
There's a tab at the bottom of the cover that fits into a slot at the end of the dash. After you remove the screws, lever the cover down toward you carefully to pull it out. If you just try to yank it out, you may break that tab off.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Thought I'd let you guys know I just replaced both of my A Pillar Covers with brand new ones from the dealer. They were selling for $75 each but the guy gave them to me for $50 each. The little middle inserts that cover the screws were $26ea and I got them for $12ea. The screws were a you know what to get out but just because I got my windshield tinted tonight and didn't want to scratch it..

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
New ones are $37.54 each from the dealer. Not worth buying glue and messing with them
Mine are doing just fine with "glue"

Total cost out of pocket -- $0 and a few minutes. Spent more time taking them off and putting them back on than actually working on them. So it was well worth it to me rather than spending ~$90 on two non funtional peices of plastic.

Sure $90 isnt a whole lot in the grand scheme of things but once you start adding 90 here 30 there and so on, it makes it alot easier justifying the wheel, suspension, performance mods etc.

·
Registered
346 Posts
pan head tapping screw source?

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I was wondering if anyone new of a source for the 72-12-7-010-130 pan head tapping screw that holds the A-pillar cover in place? The nearest BMW dealer is not real convenient to me and I've managed to strip the heads on a couple of these while removing to re-glue the fabric.

---edit---
I think I found them: http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/72_12_7_010_130/ES17111/

·
Registered
15,977 Posts
Not to bump it just for the heck. If anybody is interested. I got a set of A pillar back in 2013 from the dealer. They lasted 2.5 years. The same issue again. So i am doing the glue since it wont stop. 3rd oem set in 10 years. No, My front window is not tinted as previous posts i replied a few years back.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts