E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a 2000 328ci, how do you remove the plastic containers that hold sunglasses or whatever and the cigarette lighter? Is there a DIY somewhere for this?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
305 Posts
You just put both hands in there.. and push

UP.. i generally try to use my finger tips and press up in the middle, and use my knuckes to push against the bottom to create grip to pull the whoel thing out, while pressing the top.

It really is a pain in the butt, i used to spend an hour, trying... getting sweaty... taking a break.. and trying again..
some peoples are more stubborn than others... ( some people say.. oh it just pops out... no.. no it doesnt...)

just keep trying...

Oh the bently says, To remove storage compartment: "push upwards on the taps [which you can feel on the left and right sides], then pull out"
I have found that doesnt work. so try the middle as well

I just read that you wanted the cigarette lighter box thing as well..

Well after you have the sunglass compart... then you need to squeeze in the shifter gate, with the leather bag thing.. (sorry forgot the name) .. then remove those tqo screws so u can take the trim out, then you will see 2 screws at the base of the cigarette lighter, remove those, then remove the 2 screws behind where the sunglass comp was.. then you can lift the whoel cigarette unit out.. youll probably have to remove the clips to the lighter and lighter light .. DSC.. heated seats and whatever else options you might
have..

hope this helped

·
Registered
40 Posts
yeah i just opened the door on the sunglass holder stuck my hands in it and ripped it right out. it snaps in and out.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yep, simple removal. Open the little door, and use both index/middle fingers on the top left and right corners and pull straight towards you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts