BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are there any suggestions for removing a dealer logo plaque from a painted surface? The plaque appears to be a thick plastic "sticker" and is apparently attached to the car by adhesive and there are no screws. The sticker/plaque is located over a flat, painted surface. See photo.

Is this a DIY or should I call a body shop?

Any information, past-experience that you could share and allow us to benefit from, would be greatly appreciated.

Ag.

'02 E46 SMG M3 Cabriolet
Carbon Black/Black
Currently Stock

·
Registered
14 Posts
Take dental floss and run in behind the dealer logo tag and pull down through the double sided tape that holds the tag onto your car. This usually will work. It might work better if you heat the tag up with a hair drier first to soften the adhesive.

You will have some redidual adhesive left on paint, but you can usually get that off with cleaner. Don't use any cleaner that will damage your paint.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Whenever I buy a car I specify:

No dealer identification of any sort, ie. license plate frame and/or sticker on the trunk lid.

As mentionned above if it is a badge like the designation hair dry and dental floss should do it.

·
Gear up, shut up!
1,228 Posts
i have no idea why a high end dealer would stick one of those stupid plaques or stickers on a car...you dont see porsches and ferraris with stickers on them do you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts