BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay guys i have removed both my air mass screens in my 2002 e46 318i and i feel a big difference! I have had them off for 5days now and no check engine light has come on. Now will my check engine light eventually cum on? Or would it have cum on already if there was a problem!?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I'd say you're doing alright if it hasn't come on yet. The true test will be whether it stays off throughout all of the temperature variations of the year.

Oh, and "cum" has different connotations and usages in American English, you might want to watch out for that ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahaha ha ha yeah i know sorry but i wrote in short! LOL yeah ill watch out for it thanks :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah there not a bad car pretty nippy when it wants to be! With a supercharger setup should be a fun car to drive!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
It really depends on your driving style. From what I experience since I guess I was the first guy to take the screens off, your short and long term fuel trim is severely impacted by removing the screens. It could take several days if not weeks or more to see a check engine light. This is how long it might take for the fuel adustments to go over the high/low boundaries set in the ECU to cause a engine code.

I'm about to post results of my latest screen mod, so look for the original thread in a few minutes. Good results to report and no check engine light even with the cold weather we've been having.

BMR2NV said:
Hay guys i have removed both my air mass screens in my 2002 e46 318i and i feel a big difference! I have had them off for 5days now and no check engine light has come on. Now will my check engine light eventually cum on? Or would it have cum on already if there was a problem!?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts