E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Humble Greetings to the Group -

Is there a way to remove the horizontal black side stripping along the sides and front bumper of my silver 330i? I just want a totally silver looking side and front bumper... I think the side molding breaks up the cool silver, but that's just me..

:banghead: :huh: :dunno:

Could I paint them silver?! Hm...

Any thoughts, much appreciated.
Benjamin

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes

I just had it done on my Steel BLue 330i. It looks great IMO. I got it done at Marco's in Universal City. Talk to Bill and tell him Jake with the Steel BLue sent you and he should hook you up!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Do you have to use special paint to keep it from cracking since the plastic bends?

I also have a silver 330 and would love to get mine painted.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
if you can find a body shop that will actually do that they just need to make sure they sand it down really good and use good primer...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes

THe place I mentioned above comes with a lifetime guarantee against peeling or cracking. If you're in So Cal, I would highly recommend Marco's!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gents!

Thanks so much for the recommendations - I am in So Cal so Marco's it is. I really appreciate your taking time to write - all of you.

Take care,
Benjamin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts