BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 330i with the sport package, oval shaped fog lights. Does anyone know how to get the housing out of the bumber. There is a small opening on the inside of each housing but other than that I don't see anyway to get to the lights. Is there a screw that needs to be loosened inside the opening?

Please help, I don't want to screw it up and I don't want to pay someone to replace the bulbs if its a simple fix!

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
12,767 Posts
are you trying to replace your fog bulbs or completely remove the housing?

·
Registered
8,090 Posts
yeah i was wondering how to change my foglights for my 02 330i also. if anyone knows how to change the bulbs please help!!! TIA

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm looking at the owner's manual right now. There's no info on replacing the fog lights. It explains how to change all the others but not the fog lights.

·
I got nothin'
303 Posts
PSIHouston said:
I'm looking at the owner's manual right now. There's no info on replacing the fog lights. It explains how to change all the others but not the fog lights.
Did you ever figure this out? I have new PIAA bulbs but the only time I saw an opportunity to change was when I pulled the entire bumper off several weeks ago when installing my BFP-CAI.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
How do you change the bulbs in the 2002 325i Sedan?? Its different from the 330i. I want to get rid of my yellowish bulbs! Any advice appreciated!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I figured it out its pretty simple. The cosmetic housing pops out by pulling on the exposed slot on the inside of the housing. You should be able to see a bolt, I believe its 8mm, and that is the only bolt holding the light housing in. Just remove the bolt, pull the housing out and switch the bulb.

Funny thing is I asked the parts guy at the dealership about it, he said he thought you had to remove the entire bumper. What a joke!

·
Registered
428 Posts
PSIHouston said:
I figured it out its pretty simple. The cosmetic housing pops out by pulling on the exposed slot on the inside of the housing. You should be able to see a bolt, I believe its 8mm, and that is the only bolt holding the light housing in. Just remove the bolt, pull the housing out and switch the bulb.
I just took a look for this but couldn't see the bolt. Are you talking about a white plastic bolt that's in about the 11 o'clock position right behind the fog light? Any chance you could post a pic?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can't get you any pictures, I'm pretty worthless when it comes to those things.

Don't mess with the white plastic bolt. The bolt I'm talking about is metal and depending on which light your looking at is at the 3:00 or 9:00 position. The bolt is on the inside, so if you're looking at the driverside light, the bolt is in the 9:00 position. The bolt is 2 to 3 inches behind the lense and holds the housing in. I had to use a flashlight to actually line my wrench up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts