E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys and gals,

My hard top that came with my vert has two small slow leaks getting on the headliner inside, right at the front corners where the roof meets the windshield frame in just the two corners. Fitment seemed alright but maybe not, the gasket and seals are rather new, don't look old or worn at all.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I had a hardtop on my e36 M and It did the same but the other side, ended up getting some stick on weather strip at lowes and put some on the hard top in the leak area, fixed it and you will never see it since it is on the hard top. From looking at the problem I had I think the seal was not as flexible as it was new and those seals are expensive and difficult to change. Just the seal was several hundred dollars and about $5 at lowes fixed my issue. Another issue I had once one of the latches broke and it wasn’t pulling it down like it should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a hardtop on my e36 M and It did the same but the other side, ended up getting some stick on weather strip at lowes and put some on the hard top in the leak area, fixed it and you will never see it since it is on the hard top. From looking at the problem I had I think the seal was not as flexible as it was new and those seals are expensive and difficult to change. Just the seal was several hundred dollars and about $5 at lowes fixed my issue. Another issue I had once one of the latches broke and it wasn’t pulling it down like it should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh thanks, I'll look it up, I tried a little silicone on two spots that looked weak, if that isn't the fix I will try to find the stick on weather strip. The canvas is nice but the color matched top is just supreme during these cold months! Yeah these gaskets are pretty new as well.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts