BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm helping a friend out. Who makes a good remote starter that would work well with an 02 325ci? She's looking for a clean install and reasonable price. Does BMW make one so there's only one key fob?

·
Registered
569 Posts
BMW doesn't make them, but you can get something from clifford or viper, only problem is you really need to have a good installer who knows what they are doing or they could screw up the car's regular settings.

·
Registered
7,635 Posts
krs71 said:
BMW doesn't make them, but you can get something from clifford or viper, only problem is you really need to have a good installer who knows what they are doing or they could screw up the car's regular settings.
:werd:

I have done remote starts in E46s. It is actually easier than other (non-BMW)cars. Although it does work fine when you have the OEM alarm installed, I would recommend installing a new alarm/remote start unit and disconnecting the OEM alarm for good to avoid confusion.

You definitely have to pick your installer carefully.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i wouldnt go to best buy.. they got some newbie installers their.... find a installer that you know and has done remote starts in bmw...

·
Registered
158 Posts
i work at a best buy an we got an installer who specializes in alarms/remote starts, he worked for lexus/audi/bmw/infiti all the big name car dealers for years, an he said he wouldnt even touch mine for a remort start

·
Registered
7,635 Posts
Deph said:
i work at a best buy an we got an installer who specializes in alarms/remote starts, he worked for lexus/audi/bmw/infiti all the big name car dealers for years, an he said he wouldnt even touch mine for a remort start
That tells you how much experience people at best buy have with our cars. I was an installer for a long time (at a small shop in VA). BMWs are very easy for a remote start, if you know what you are doing. I had a much harder time with my Honda Odyssey doing a remote start.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts