E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm putting a remote start in my 330xi (CompuStar). Everything is good to go except the immobilizer. The car starts with the key just in the ingition, but not with the DEI556u hooked up.

I'm running the 556u not with the wire ring, but with the splicing of the wires. According to the manual its alt interface 2.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

TIA

·
Registered
829 Posts
There's nothing to it....you cut one of the two wires coming from the factory ring, and connect the 556U to it....cut the end off the ring that came with the 556U, tie the two wires together that it tell you to (black w/red and black w/white??) and connect those tied wires to one side of the factory ring, and the black wire to the other side of the factory ring.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ron, thanks for your reply. Maybe my instructions are hosed up... It's kinda of funny because they give 2 methods. One is suppose to work with european cars, the other, not so much.

I did this:

1) cut one wire from the factory wiring apart.
2) Cut the ring off the 556u
3) connect the Black/White to the factory ring CUT side
4) connect the other cut wire to the black wire of the 556u
5) connect the Black/Red of the 56u to the uncut wire.

Tada, It doesn't work. Your instructions you gave me are slight different than above, so I'll give them a try. Thanks!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts