E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats happening, I am currently experiencing an issue with a regulator. The other day I bought a 2002 300xi and the rear driver side window busted. It made a disturbing sound almost as if something glass broke(the window is fine). The window regulator busted I am pretty sure because you can pull the window up and down with your hands and the motor is still working. My question is where I should buy the new regulator and which one. All prices vary and look similiar. Want quality and reasonable one obviously.

Thanks

·
Registered
886 Posts
Welcome to the club of window regulator replacement.
I replaced my back two regulators in the last 24 months. paid about $75 for an aftermarket.
I compared the aftermarket regulator to the original BMW and it was identical in all respects---the Chinese do an excellent job.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
So after 12 wonderful years, my drivers side regulator croaks (the usual warning signs were there for years). A local parts shop has some chinese made replacements at less than 1/3 the price of the original. Anyone have experience with these? I did a search and found that indeed there were some manufacturers on ali baba. I mean have they upgraded and improved the originals? I don't see how the china made ones can be much worse than the oem ones. Lol!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Got mine from ECS (Genuine OE BMW). Replaced all four of mine within 6 weeks of each other. Do it once and you'll be a pro at it. Take your time and think about what you're about to do before you do it though (is my airbag disconnected, is that the right bolt, etc) and you'll be fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.