BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna try some new soap today when I wash my car, which one do you recommend? Meguiars?

please tell me exact name and price if you know it?
:dunno: :thumbup: :banghead:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Zaino all the way. I use the entire Zaino system and love it. I cannot give you an intelligent reccomendation on using just the Zaino car wash with another brand of wax or polish. What I can tell you though is that when I first stripped the car of all of the wax, clay-barred it, and then washed it with the Zaino car wash, it looked extremely shiny. After a couple of coats of polish...WOW!!

Just my .02

·
Registered
507 Posts
Meguair's. I bought the whole line of P21s when I first got the car and I think the wash is a waste of money. You can buy a huge container of the Meguair's at Target, etc for next to nothing. I wash my car once a week and wax at least every other month. If you don't fall behind it really doesn't take long. Keeping the car clean, and washing/waxing often is WAY more important than what brand you use.

I use Dawn on the wheels ever other time or so too. They practically glow afterwards. Just make sure to wax since I'm told Dawn strips away most waxes.

·
Registered
11,182 Posts
Here's a decent pic of my car after i washed it with meguiars gold class, this was just the car wash, no wax no nothing, just a small example of what meguiars gold class car shampoo can do:D

·
Town Clown
15,001 Posts
I'm Meguiar's all the way.

Gold Class Wash
#7 Polish/Glaze
#26 Wax

then I get lazy and use quick wax on my wheels

read the FAQ. There's some good links there as well.

·
Registered
687 Posts
The answer depends on what your goal is. If you want to just wash it and not wax it, use one of the special car shampoos that have been recommended. If you want to strip any existing wax, you can use good old Dawn dishwashing liquid (anything formulated to remove grease from plates can remove wax from paint, and don't worry, it won't hurt your paint).

·
The Achiever
1,754 Posts
Awesome-E46 said:
Zaino all the way. I use the entire Zaino system and love it. I cannot give you an intelligent reccomendation on using just the Zaino car wash with another brand of wax or polish. What I can tell you though is that when I first stripped the car of all of the wax, clay-barred it, and then washed it with the Zaino car wash, it looked extremely shiny. After a couple of coats of polish...WOW!!

Just my .02

:thumbup:

Zaino is the only way to go for car care products.. period.

Now as far as car wash.. Zaino is just not practical for the money. I recommend Meguiar's Gold Class as the most economical solution to getting a super high quality wash. The key to a good car wash is the thing you use to wash it w/.. not necessarily the soap... you really need a good natural sponge or 100% sheepskin mitt

but the absolute most important part of washing your car is the drying process which should only be done w/ 100% Cotton Egyptian or USA towels (the only two towels that are certified to be all cotton) w/ the edges snipped off (because the edges contain nylon).. no chamois or anything.. just cotton towels. I also use the california blade to remove some water and it works great w/ no swirl marks

·
Registered
407 Posts
fuk how do u guys wash ur cars? i tried washing my car recently and it turned out sh1tty. i soaped it up then i hosed it off, then i tried to dry it with towels but it was immpossible!!!

·
The Achiever
1,754 Posts
tribal azn said:
fuk how do u guys wash ur cars? i tried washing my car recently and it turned out sh1tty. i soaped it up then i hosed it off, then i tried to dry it with towels but it was immpossible!!!

ah the joys of amateur jet black carwashing.. those days were not so fun.

You MUST wash your car in the shade and you MUST be very detailed about getting every spot on the car.. you can't see the dirt and grime as well when its wet and soapy on a black car so you really need to deliberately cover every inch of the car. Also, you must get to the car VERY quickly w/ towels and drying utensils. Don't forget to keep the entire car wet while washing it.. oh, did i mention that you must work in patches (aka wash a door panel then rinse it off, then move to fend panel and rinse that off, etc.)

·
+ M-Tech part.2 +
488 Posts
P21s

·
Registered
393 Posts
playinJ30 said:

:thumbup:

....Now as far as car wash.. Zaino is just not practical for the money.
Is your point that the Zaino Z7 car wash is too expensive? It's $7.95 for a 16 oz bottle. Considering you use a capful in a large bucket of water I can't imagine this being considered expensive. If you're using more than a capful you're wasting it. You want to use the least amount of shampoo to get the job done regardless of brand.

·
Registered
644 Posts
11.99 car wash + wax + armor all tires good deal! :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts