BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in trying to negotiate some group car wash buy ... to keep our cars clean in the winter? If I could buy 20 good washes for 100 bucks I would be in. I may be willing to buy more since mine is my daily. I am happy to negotiate, just wondering if others are interested.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The south albert coop touchless is pretty good. I just want to keep general crud off all winter and am not worried about perfection for maintainance washes.

·
Registered
522 Posts
What if you try either the south coop or south Albert shell and see if you can get a deal on their wand wash. I'd be in for sure if you could get a deal from shell for 20 for $100. Right now I think it is $5.95 flat rate after 8pm with a half hour time limit, I would like 20 for $100 with no time limit and no time of day restriction but that might be asking too much. Currently that is where I go to wash.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yes, I'm into negotiating a good price.

I use co-op on Albert at the moment but they don't want you to use the hand wash mitt, only their brush (scratches)

Anyways, I'm into getting a good price.

Let me know if it goes through.

Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spoke with the manager of the Coop and he is only able to give the same price for washes as you would pay if you bought gas as well. He went to bat with Coop for us but this is the best deal he can offer. Not bad I suppose. I buy my premium from regina cabs. I am going to stop in and see the Shell station as soon as I have a chance.

·
Registered
522 Posts
You buy your gas from regina cabs????
I've always been sceptical about buying gas there I've been told there gas isn't good for your car (not as clean) also I have been told that gas from most stations in Regina area have a very high sulpher content which also isn't good. The high sulpher gas is the gas coming from the new grade refinery in town and I guess Petro Canada and Esso are two of the few companies that don't get their gas from new grade so their sulpher content is lower. Now I don't know how true this all is and how much effect it has on my car but I buy my gas from etro Canada just to be safe.

anyways back on topic, thanks for checking things out hopefully you can get a deal from shell. GL

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been buying my gas at regina cabs since I moved here 3 years ago. I live in the crescents and my office is in the north end so it is just convenient. They do such a huge volume so the gas is always fresh. I have never had a prob. My other vehicle is a pathfinder and I fill em both up there and have never had a prob. The only place I have ever had gas problems in town is at an esso. I will look into the sulphur issue that you talk about though, very interesting.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My pathfinder wouldn't idle and acted like it had a large rodent wedged into the air intake after filling up at one of them. It was likely a one time experience.

·
Registered
278 Posts
My pathfinder wouldn't idle and acted like it had a large rodent wedged into the air intake after filling up at one of them. It was likely a one time experience.
I use esso on occasion, but I did have an experience like you mentioned during 2 esso fill-ups in Vancouver.

Felt like the car was mis-firing on acceleration.
no problems since.

too bad no Chevron around here.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Update for those interested.
I was given the tel number of the Regina Coop Manager. Nice guy. He had a couple of concerns about offering low pricing, mainly being that if there is a low price offered to us then others will certainly hear about it and cause waves. My response was that they are currently offering a deal when buying 5 washes. I am offering to buy 25 washes and pay for all at once. He also mentioned that current technology only allows the wash codes to be used at the station they are purchased from. I said that we could probably agree as a group to select one. (My vote is the south Albert just because I have tried the East Vic and the one on McCarthy and like the south Albert results the best) He thinks this is reasonable I think and is going to his boss for aproval. He assures an answer by the week of Nov 19th. I said a target price for a premium car wash is 5 bucks. Shouldn't be too hard to find a nice handful of guys willing to put out 125 I hope.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
After talking to a couple of managers of franchises, I talked to the manager of the Coop's in Regina. He went to corporate and they said no go. Best offer is buy 5 and get them at the same price as you would if you had bought gas. They cant offer any deal on the manual wash because of the way the system is set up. I simply do not have the time to manual wash every week so I won't be following up on the shell. I have been touchless washing one time per week. Sorry guys but I tried.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts