BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much does it cost to buy the clear reflector for my car...and also how much for a painted one, and where could I get these from???
Pic of what im talking about enclosed...
Also can i DIY the paint?

Attachments

·
The De46vil's Army
16,345 Posts
bimmian sells painted cheapest

clears suck! not OEM and hard to fit! mine are still in box, got the amber ones out with bare hands though! no need to risk using a screwdriver.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i should get painted ones from bimman? whats there website?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$55 for front painted Orient Blue
$55 for rear Orient Blue
$100 together...
is the rear really necessary / worth 55?
the front is orange and nasty but the read matches with the brake lights?

·
bored.
970 Posts
dont paint rears IMHO its just not needed. i personally have had both on my car, and really i liked both. installatoin for my clears was really really easy cause i just did what others said, sand down the top clips, and its really not hard at all.

anyways, what color is your car?? mine was jet black, and the clears didnt look bad at all, and the only thing i dont like with my painted is that i painted them myself and upclose u can tell it doesnt match 100%, but from like 5 feet away and further they look good.

--soheil

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have Orient Blue color code 317
i dunno its a weird one i dont wanna spend 55 on a painted reflector..and bimmertoys has the clear one for 45 which i still think its dumb but i wonter which will look best on my car

·
Alco-ma-holic
1,013 Posts
Can't you just take your OEM ugly ones to your local dealer and get them painted. My body shop and service center both know me and expect to see me like everyweek. They painted my Euro-tag holder and Keyhole cover for free when i got my hood fixed. They are really small pieces, just ask them to throw them in the painter when a car with your color paint is being done.

Eric

·
call me kev :D
6,179 Posts
bimmian said:

Off topic, but where did you get your smoked front indicators? Any problem with water getting in?

Thanks
Ian
no the quality is really good, it's made by inpro, you can get them at www.procarparts.com

:thumbup:

don't have a single problem with it, kenny aka cruizinko or mike aka lilherc79 all use them :thumbup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts