·
Registered
2006 325Ci M56 5MT
1,029 Posts
unless they're a BBK, yes.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Mine are bright orange, matches the turn signals and side marker. When I refinished my wheels I went with a graphite color which made the calipers stand out even more.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I have been wanting to do the same thing.
I saw a M where I used to live at the detail shop and he was right next to me, he had the brembo big brakes and they were bright orange it looked so awesome.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
"Its like having an incredibly small penius and painting it neon orange, EVERYBODY LOOK AT THAT!!"-Jeremy Clarkson.

·
Registered
28,945 Posts
Unless you have a bbk, it will look r1ce and cheap.

And why would you want to attract attention to ugly stock BMW calipers? Of all "sporty" cars, BMW (especially on the E46 gen) had the ugliest brakes.

Save up and get a bbk if you want a bbk look.

·
Registered
26,414 Posts
Agree with Clarkson. Why make a part hidden by a wheel stand out. When I see painted calipers, I'm looking at the calipers, not the car. Highlight a feature you want people to notice...like the car. Just wax it...

Or, don't you like washing the car and think painting calipers will attract others' eyes away from the dull finish? If so, that's fine...I get that!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
i painted my e46 calipers red... looking at old pics last night... wow, that was so lame. Shouldve done black, silver, or just cleaned them up. Why the hell would one want their ugly, small brake calipers painted a bright color.

but to each his own.

·
Registered
2006 325Ci M56 5MT
1,029 Posts
planning on painting my calipers and hubs black. my hubs are all rusted now

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I think they just look like crap. When you have rims on the car and nice shiny new rotors the calipers really stand out and many people have asked me why dont you paint them.

I dont know what wouldnt stand out too much and would some what go with my paint

·
Registered
176 Posts
My calipers are red :lmao:

PO decided red is good!

The gentleman was in his 50's!! He also prepped the car so well (stewart water pump, pulleys, hoses, dinan, bsw speakers etc etc ) that I decided not to stress on it so much !:lmao:

In the end OP, it's your car, your decision! I don't think it's a major lack of taste. If you like it, go for it.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Black or silver. There is a reason why many Europeans debadge their cars, they tend not to scream about what their vehicle has under the hood. Why draw attention to something that is standard and I'm not talking about standard Porsche brakes.

·
Registered
211 Posts
i was thinking red too but in the end its really a rice boy thing to do lol. i ended up just painting them black to get rid of the rusty look. looks so much cleaner so glad i went with the black!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts