E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you paint your existing brake calipers RED? has anyone ever heard of this or have pics of ones that have been painted please post or post your opinion:dunno:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
ive seen it done a e46 with 19" wheels, but I dont think I'm one sided towards painting or not....I probably wouldnt....why show it off unless its BB

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
It's done all the time man! Just look at my car! I'm sure many Fanatics have done it too...just personal taste so do what you like.

Big Brakes are cool but I would say 90% of the people who do it is just for show anyways since no one here seems to race or track their cars.

rk

·
Addicted to Autocross
1,154 Posts
s4play said:
Big Brakes are cool but I would say 90% of the people who do it is just for show anyways since no one here seems to race or track their cars.
rk
Yea, I agree...but I'm that other 10%. For me its both for show and performance.

·
name's PHIL
5,946 Posts
ak330i said:
painting stock caliper void warranty
how do u figure:dunno: ...........i ptd mine red also, looks good on black cars; blue and black look good on silver cars.........Eddie at tire rack sells a kit or so

·
Registered
181 Posts
please don't do it.. we are driving bmw not rice rockets... if you can spend money on bodykits, rims and stereo.... why what take a little extra money and buy the real deal instead of doing it the ghetto way... IMO i find it cheap @ss to paint them red or any other colour....

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
6,696 Posts
23wt said:
please don't do it.. we are driving bmw not rice rockets... if you can spend money on bodykits, rims and stereo.... why what take a little extra money and buy the real deal instead of doing it the ghetto way... IMO i find it cheap @ss to paint them red or any other colour....

well...I guess I'm "cheap" and "ghetto" b/c I'm going to paint my calipers as soon as the weather warms up.

·
Registered
0 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts