E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SensFan
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

Hoping someone can shed some light.

What is the recommended tire pressure for 245/45/17?

I am going to be putting my summer wheels back on very shortly and I found last summer they were extremely rough and noisy.

Hoping it's just strictly a tire pressure issue and not a rubber issue, they were brand new middle of last summer.

Thanks

·
Registered
350 Posts
With the sport set up of my 330ci (225/45-17fronts, 245/40-17rears) bmw recommends more pressure in the rear for optimal handling. I find 35-36psi front and 38-39psi rear to be optimal.

·
SensFan
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright. You find it runs nice at that pressure?

Thanks a lot

BTW any other different itre pressures out there?!!?

·
SensFan
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yah thanks. Just figured that there may be some other opinions out there for a smoother ride.

:tsk:

:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
The dealer reccomended 35 rear 32 front. Since I lowered my car, it was reccomended 33 rear 31 front.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
If you prefer a more neutral handling, i.e. less understeer, you can raise the pressure of the front tires close to that of the rears. I find the car very well balanced running 38 - 40 psi all around.

·
INDEED
1,130 Posts
in your manual, it lists different specs for different size tires. might want to check that out first and use that recommended specs and then go for there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts