E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anyone transported a car interstate? If so, can you please recommend a company that you were happy with? I assume they all have some kind of insurance in case your car is damaged throughout the transport?

Cheers!

·
Registered
922 Posts
Turn up with a clean car, TRIPLE check with the person to ensure EVERY scratch is noted. CEVA are great until something goes wrong and then the insurance is a major headache, dont accept the cheapest and go for a big name.

Ive been burned twice and above is the best advice I can give.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone had experience with Auto Logistics? They seem the cheapest and they seem to be a big company? But it looks like they contract out their work to different carriers. Unfortunately Ceva Logistics doesn't carry cars from non-capital cities.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Where from and where to?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Is this that really nice custom black '04 M3 6spd Manual?
Good luck with it if you haven't bought it already.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Let me see if there are any recommendations... my mate used to carry race cars up and down east coast Aus.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is this that really nice custom black '04 M3 6spd Manual?
Good luck with it if you haven't bought it already.
Yeah that's the one :)

·
Registered
984 Posts
Anyone had experience with Auto Logistics? They seem the cheapest and they seem to be a big company? But it looks like they contract out their work to different carriers. Unfortunately Ceva Logistics doesn't carry cars from non-capital cities.
Do you mean Toll Autologistcs? They've rebranded to Toll Auto now and It's Autotrans (a part of Toll Auto) which does the car carrying.

before they take the car into the compound they walk around the car a few times with you to note all blemishes and scratches etc.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do you mean Toll Autologistcs? They've rebranded to Toll Auto now and It's Autotrans (a part of Toll Auto) which does the car carrying.

before they take the car into the compound they walk around the car a few times with you to note all blemishes and scratches etc.
Here is their website:

http://www.auto-logistics.com.au/

·
Registered
938 Posts
Last time I used Toll from Adelaide depot to the one in Melbourne, cost me $150, but I think that was a hooked up price??

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
^ definitely a hooked up price!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts