BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,390 Posts
I just got some 18'' BBS CH's and they look great...they are not too flash but change the look of the car a lot...I will post pics when I am done with my car in like a month...I also have non sport and wrapped them in S03's. GREAT TIRES!!! They have excellent dry and wet grip. In fact I wrapped my old OEM wheels in them for autox and they do great! Definitely would recommend this setup. I would go with 18's cause IMHO they are the optimal balance b/w performance and looks...17's are good and will improve the ride but i think they are a tad small...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
BBS RC, BBS RGR, and OZ Superleggera are all great strong wheels available in 17" and they are all around 17 pounds. BBS CH as said above is also a great looking wheel, also available in 17" weighing in around 20 pounds I believe.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I don't see how an 18" makes the balance in handling better.
Weight is much more important than size. Light weight wheels will transition quicker/faster and will also accelerate faster than heavier wheels.

I've never understood people who put 19's and 20's on "sport" cars.
They are slowing down the handling just to get the look.
To each his own I guess.

TT

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,434 Posts
teamdfl said:
(ignore the waste of DNA in front of the car)
BWAHAHHAHAHAHHA. poor brent :sad:

Type 44s = good
Type 68s = good
OZ Superleggeras = very good
SSR Comps = very good

·
Read Only
1,845 Posts
pretty much any of the bbs wheels are a safe bet, I'm not too fond of the looks of the ozs, but you can't argue about their quality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts