BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to put in actual m3 fender flares into my sedan for a decent price.

I'm in the queens, NYC area. I have had mechanical work done with auto Impressive Auto Center in maspeth, Queens before for a transmission swap and had a somewhat bad experience. I'm willing to revisit them if they quote me a decent price.

Send me a recommendation of your favorite body shop and if I go through with them I'll paypal you $20!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Are you talking about M3 quarter panels? You're talking big bucks to graft the wheel arches from an M3 onto a sedan. Best of luck

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you talking about M3 quarter panels? You're talking big bucks to graft the wheel arches from an M3 onto a sedan. Best of luck
Yes, I understand it will be expensive. I plan to keeping the car forever so I see it as an investment.

I say have your fenders cut, and put fender flares on them for wider wheels, mold it. And have it painted.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
I want a completely OEM look. Any insight into whether or not fender flares will be able to do that?

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Your looking into a really complicated and expensive project.... That's all I can say. Getting the quarter panels is cheaper then anything else you may do. I wouldn't even bother. If your looking for a wider stance, get it wide body.

And the spot for that is Martino auto concepts in long island

·
Registered
851 Posts
Your talking easily $1000 for used quarters alone, and another few thousand for a reputable shop to do this.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your looking into a really complicated and expensive project.... That's all I can say. Getting the quarter panels is cheaper then anything else you may do. I wouldn't even bother. If your looking for a wider stance, get it wide body.

And the spot for that is Martino auto concepts in long island
I'm well aware of how expensive this can get.
Thanks for the recommendation =)
Your talking easily $1000 for used quarters alone, and another few thousand for a reputable shop to do this.
yes.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts

I'm in the queens, NYC area. I have had mechanical work done with auto Impressive Auto Center in maspeth, Queens before for a transmission swap and had a somewhat bad experience. I'm willing to revisit them if they quote me a decent price.

Send me a recommendation of your favorite body shop and if I go through with them I'll paypal you $20!
I know Impressive always has M3s there to part out. Ask them for a quote. They painted my Porsche, came out great. I've never had mechanical work from them so I can't speak for that. I know there body shop pricing is on the lower end and the quality is VERY good, most other places charge a lot higher. My only bias is that I asked for quotes in about 10 shops for the work I wanted and they were well under others. Feel free to use whoever you want, thats just 1 experience.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Martino Auto Concepts. I took my car there twice so far, extremely satisfied!

Stay away from Impressive, they'll tell you everything you want to hear to leave your car there, then the reality will be completely different! The quality sucks, the customer service sucks.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts

if you had a bad experience with a crap shop why in the hell would you ever consider going back? Wouldn't you rather pay nominally more to NOT have headaches?

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,182 Posts
how about my bodyshop

my guy doies most of the eurowerk cars he did a few of our cust medal widebody cars
nu-castleton collision experts
1264 castleton ave
staten island ny 10310
phone nu 17182734242
ask to speak to Rosario
tell him bobm3 send you
he did a medal wide body for this car

bob :thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts