E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I am new here. I got rid of my 02 A4q 5sp. It had the sports package and all of the options. I chipped it with a DINAN chip. I really liked the car, however, I could not get over the manual transmission. It really was lame; and I do know how to drive stick. Also, the car suffers from extreme heat-soak(intercooler) when the temp goes above 85 degrees. I live in AZ and that is about 6 months of the year. When you run the chip, combined with the heat, the car knocks all of the time. It also surges, making it very unpredictable. It was rock solid and very quiet, even with the sport suspension. I could not get over the fact that there are so many identical components shared with VW. I think it is ridiculous that the auto's share the same shift gates with VW, even on the new A8. It really makes it look cheap. The leather is very nice in the Audi, but the headliners look like VW. If I was to purchase an A4 I would go with the v6. All of the guys at audiworld.com wish for more power. The 1.8t is a great engine, just too small for the mass of the A4. I bit the bullet and went for the 330ci, can't complain. I can honestly say that I feel like I am behind the wheel of a more substancial vehicle. I have had VW's, and the A4 felt like one. I was always bummed that I spent the 'xtra cash on the Audi, should of just got another VW and saved the money because it was just as good. I do not feel that way with my BMW. There was nothing worse then seeing a car that looked like your A4 in the distance, and when you got closer you realized it was a jetta of passat. I do have good vision and know my cars. Audi makes a great car. So does VW, and now they are starting to offer AWD. I would buy another VW, but, I do not know if I could buy another Audi, or is that VW?

Glad to be aboard!!!:thumbup:

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,082 Posts
Welcome and good luck with your new car...let the modding begin!!! I didn't know DINAN made chips for Audis...that's very interesting. Post pics of your new 330...And it's a good thing you sprung for the 3.0L cause I have a 2.5L, and it's a fabulous car, but I still itch for more power...:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
welcome. do u guys ever notice how like the MB forums always talk smack on bimmers but we never? i dont see too many modded MBz. mb cuz they're all middle aged people.

·
Registered
195 Posts
ConMoto Style said:
welcome. do u guys ever notice how like the MB forums always talk smack on bimmers but we never? i dont see too many modded MBz. mb cuz they're all middle aged people.
WElcome to the board. Ur gonna love tat 330. :thumbup:
And to the MBz post, personally.. i dunt really like MBz's which is why i got the 330. 1st, MBz target is luxury w/like grandpa soft suspension and granny auto..hehe. but MBz makes sum fast cars though. but they juss like to tell u the truth, aren't made for speed if u ya kno wut i mean. but tat's my personally opinion. and welcome to the board :thumbup:

·
Beware of pwner
1,714 Posts
Welcome aboard tcarroz and congrats on your switch.

I know what you mean by "I feel like I am behind the wheel of a more substancial vehicle", that's just how I felt after my first test drive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts