E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I have a 325i 2004 Sport!

I just received my H&R Sport lowering springs (NOT THE RACE ONES) and I ordered the (29484) for the sport package and I received the (29485) for the non-sport package.

H&R website says that they would go 1.4" on the front and 0.75" on the rear. What do you guys think it would happen if I installed them on my sport suspension? Would it go lower than it is suposed to or it would end just like my OEM sport setup?

:banghead::dunno:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have the non sport H&R and within the instructions, all it says is you won't see a noticeable drop if you currently have sport suspension.

·
Registered
16,145 Posts
Not really sure what's different about them.

The table below says the race spring for non-sport is the same as the sport spring for sport. It's a bit silly.

By my quick math, the 29485 will provide a negligible drop. I'd exhange them for what you wanted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay so I should probably return them because I really want it to go lower than the OEM sport springs! Thank you all for your time !!!

·
Registered
29,904 Posts
If I recall correctly (it's been years since I've thought about this) the indicated drop or name of the spring only is in the context of the car you own NOW and the suspension on it NOW. Otherwise, the part is the same part. It's "race" if you currently have stock non-sport (grandma), but sport if you have stock sport (grandma lite).

·
Registered
16,145 Posts
If I recall correctly (it's been years since I've thought about this) the indicated drop or name of the spring only is in the context of the car you own NOW and the suspension on it NOW. Otherwise, the part is the same part. It's "race" if you currently have stock non-sport (grandma), but sport if you have stock sport (grandma lite).
That's my understanding as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts