E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Telling from pictures, the FIA approved sidemounts for the FIA approved RPPs seem to be lower than the normal sidemounts for the ABE/TUV RPPs, is that right? They only have three holes for hight adjustment in the front and two in the rear. The ABE has three holes in the rear and four or five in the front I t think.

The ABE sidemounts are suggested as an option for the ABE seats.
Can I go with FIA sidemounts anyway to get the seat lower, if that is the case? (With recaro slide rails).

·
european auto source
12,248 Posts
Telling from pictures, the FIA approved sidemounts for the FIA approved RPPs seem to be lower than the normal sidemounts for the ABE/TUV RPPs, is that right? They only have three holes for hight adjustment in the front and two in the rear. The ABE has three holes in the rear and four or five in the front I t think.

The ABE sidemounts are suggested as an option for the ABE seats.
Can I go with FIA sidemounts anyway to get the seat lower, if that is the case? (With recaro slide rails).
You're correct on the adjustment differences - the Steel versions are the only FIA approved models at this time. Are sliders a must in your M3?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So I should go with the FIA approved side mounts?

It is important for me that I can sit lower than I do with the stock seats since that's part
of the motivation to buy recaro seats. If I go with the ABE side mounts which looks higher,
I will have to cut away the top of the side mount if I want to go with the lowest setting?

And yes I want to be able to slide the seats back and forth. I understand this will

increase the hight though.

·
european auto source
12,248 Posts
So I should go with the FIA approved side mounts?

It is important for me that I can sit lower than I do with the stock seats since that's part
of the motivation to buy recaro seats. If I go with the ABE side mounts which looks higher,
I will have to cut away the top of the side mount if I want to go with the lowest setting?

And yes I want to be able to slide the seats back and forth. I understand this will

increase the hight though.

I'd recommend the Steel Mounts - give the lowest setting a try wit hthe sliders installed before any cutting or drilling is needed.

The vehicle-specific floor mounts you choose are also an important factor in ride height.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will order the regular ABE steel mounts and see how it works out.

One thing though, I've seen a several pictures where the sidemounts
are set the wrong way. The end with the four holes should point forward
and the two holes should be mounted to the back of the seat I think.

·
european auto source
12,248 Posts
Do you know if Recaro Basemount for E46 has sliders included in the sub frame?
I'm not aware of a Recaro basemount other than the OG CSL mounts:

These (when sourced) were approx $1500 ea, they are no longer made.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks, but I highly doubt they look the same though.

I wrote back to Demon Tweeks, which is where I ordered the seats, and asked if the sub frame for E46
come with the sliding function, and they said yes.

I also found some useful info @ http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/recaro-subframes-p-593.html
They basically say that some sub frames come with sliding rails.

I assume the side mounts that I ordered will look like the black ones in this picture (FIA) btw:
So I hope I will get low enough but not too low, especially not the passenger side.

And here's a picture of the seat, I like the logo on the headrest:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.