BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my order from EuroSportDesign for my E46 M3 Rear Window Spoiler. It doesnt seem to be a perfect fit meaning that it doesnt curve perfectly to the window it sits off the window by the 3rd brake light area. Also it doesnt seem to have the same edges where the spoiler ends are meaning it doesnt match with the weather strip going around the rear window. Also when installing where do I apply the glue on the edge where the rubber stripping of the window goes or on the part that touches the actual window.Also this should sit all the way up to the roof correct? The edge of the spoiler should sit flush with window stripping? Will this cause a problem when installing and all they sent was this glue, which I dont know will hold if it doesnt sit right here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
HEY I have a ACS window spoiler like that. It looks good!!! :thumbsup:
Sit it all the way up to the roof, but now on the roof. At the top of the actual window edge
Just apply the glue at the center where it actually sits on the window and slightly around and under the spoiler

I think you should be good. Also im kinda of scared of it not sitting flush like that in the middle.. maybe use a lil force while glueing? mmm idk :eek:
Good Luck

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I would return it for a new one. Make sure it is pushed all the way up to the trim seal where it should rest in place. I had the same issue with my 323ci and just ended up returning it. I tried 3M tape and some glue still no luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sent EuroSport Desgin an email today to see what their response would be. I might return this one and go with the Jlevi I choose this one because it looked the same and was $50 cheaper already painted like JLevi.

·
Registered
13,526 Posts
i would work from the middle out, that bowing will go away once u seat the middle properly and then itll line up better at the ends

1 - 7 of 7 Posts