E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i can't seem to find anything about this in the past - how can i replace my rear-view mirror with one that:

has auto dimming
has a transmitter inside of it

is this made? am i being greedy? i'm in a 2000 323...thanks in advance..

·
Europrojektz East
6,924 Posts
Tex323i said:
i can't seem to find anything about this in the past - how can i replace my rear-view mirror with one that:

has auto dimming
has a transmitter inside of it

is this made? am i being greedy? i'm in a 2000 323...thanks in advance..
Hey, I got the same car as you. Regarding your question, I don't know a whole lot about the auto dimming mirror since it didn't come with my car, however I was interested in getting the OEM mirror with compass, however I was told by BMW that unless your car comes equipped with the rain sensor, then the compass portion of the mirror would not power up. I'm not sure if the same holds true for the auto dimming mirror (from some posts I've seen, I think some people might have the auto dimming mirror but no rain sensor but again I'm not sure)

Once you find your mirror (either OEM or aftermarket), there are postings I've seen here which explain how to remove your rearview mirror (just do a search). :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
excellent - thanks for posting an answer, i appreciate it. i'll look around for the mirror and will find an old post for instrux..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts