E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, looking to replace my rear view mirror due to the auto dimming being dark 24/7 and not being able to see out of it. I have the convertible mirror and would like to replace it with the coupe oval mirror, is there any way i could do that? Or do they not fit. Also, would a rear view mirror from a 2001 330ci vert fit a 2006 m3 vert? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
5,448 Posts
Hi all, looking to replace my rear view mirror due to the auto dimming being dark 24/7 and not being able to see out of it. I have the convertible mirror and would like to replace it with the coupe oval mirror, is there any way i could do that? Or do they not fit. Also, would a rear view mirror from a 2001 330ci vert fit a 2006 m3 vert? Thanks.
The latter question, yes. The former question, sort of. The 'vert has the antenna for the central locking key fob housed withing the rear view, so if you use one from a coupe then your key fob isn't going to work. It would also need its connector repinned which brings up another point - it's important to note that mirrors from cars with SOS have different pinouts than those without and that connecting without checking can lead to smoking your new mirror.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The latter question, yes. The former question, sort of. The 'vert has the antenna for the central locking key fob housed withing the rear view, so if you use one from a coupe then your key fob isn't going to work. It would also need its connector repinned which brings up another point - it's important to note that mirrors from cars with SOS have different pinouts than those without and that connecting without checking can lead to smoking your new mirror.
So it seems my options are repairing the mirror or buying a new m3 'vert rear view mirror. Any places you suggest to get a rear view mirror replaced or find one to buy that isnt stupid expensive.

·
Registered
2004 330i
7,443 Posts
There is a guy that repairs them ,I believe mrmcar can post link

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,528 Posts
Reactions: BaliDawg

·
Registered
2004 325xi, 2000 323ci, 2012 135i
40 Posts
The thread I posted below should also give you some insight. When the auto-dimming in my old mirror malfunctioned, I ended up wiring one in using the directions below. If you use the directions, any rewiring is fairly easy. It just involves swapping the wires in the factory connector, completely reversible and no wires have to be cut.

I used a mirror out of an E60 at the junkyard. I now have a working compass and homelink. The E90 mirror should work as well, a lot more information is in the thread posted below.

If not, it still has some information on mirror compatibility being discussed as well.

(1) DIY: Retrofit Standard to Auto-Dimming/HomeLink/Compass Rearview Mirror | E46 Fanatics Forum

·
Premium Member
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
7,839 Posts
There have been issues I've been made aware of with radar mirror.
Someone needs to go in person and see if they are still in operation.

I have a M3 very mirror also that needs repair
I'm holding off until I know more

Sybesmas systems was the mfr, but they can't get parts for oval mirrors currently
Only rectangular. 🤬

·
Registered
'01 325XiT (m54b30) , '03 M3 (3 pedals)
349 Posts
Just saw this :( I've emailed and left a voicemail today. I'll report back my findings.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I ended up sending him a text to his listed number on the site. He did respond that they were running behind, but is still going to have it repaired and shipped back. I'll post again when I know more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ended up sending him a text to his listed number on the site. He did respond that they were running behind, but is still going to have it repaired and shipped back. I'll post again when I know more.
So he got back to you? He never got back to me, maybe I will shoot a text too, maybe not. Let me know!

·
Registered
349 Posts
So he got back to you? He never got back to me, maybe I will shoot a text too, maybe not. Let me know!
Yeah, he responded when I texted. I said, "I wanted to know a status as it appeared no one can reach you" He replied that he had my mirror and that "we're running behind. it will be a few days until its repaired". I let him know that I would let the forums know he is still processing mirrors. He didn't reply to that. .....I'll definitely post updates as I get them for everyone.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yeah, he responded when I texted. I said, "I wanted to know a status as it appeared no one can reach you" He replied that he had my mirror and that "we're running behind. it will be a few days until its repaired". I let him know that I would let the forums know he is still processing mirrors. He didn't reply to that. .....I'll definitely post updates as I get them for everyone.
Sounds like poor service to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts