E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up my 330xi a couple of months ago now. And been working on things here and there.

However I did notice that the rear bumper on one corner right by the wheel well does not sit nice and flush against it.

I just happened to come across a picture of a bimmer with the same issue, hopping you guys could guide me in the right direction how to fix this? My bumper is stock.

Basically look at this picture and see how the bumper just hangs a bit lower than it should and there is the gap by the wheel well.

Here actual images of my bumper..

Attachments

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Mine has a gap by that wheel well, but it's not that large. I think these bumpers just tend not to sit perfectly flush, but it should not look like that.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine has a gap by that wheel well, but it's not that large. I think these bumpers just tend not to sit perfectly flush, but it should not look like that.
Well on mine it's about the same on one side, while the other side is perfect. So I don't think it's normal or supposed to look like that :)

·
Registered
5,892 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yours might be missing. Pretty common. It's a very small part.
Sweet good to know its missing. Think you can perhaps tell me what clip/part number/name anything?

Clearly I'm missing something but what exactly?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no need to buy any new parts.
remove bumper and bend that clip back in shape.

this happens after the rear bumper hits something hard.
Really? That's all it is?

I'll have to look for a DIY on the removal of the rear bumper then. Happen to have any on hand?

thanks chivo328!!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I ask because I recall seeing broken plastic in there a long time ago. I've never really worried about it, it's not gotten any worse.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here pictures of my actual bumper.. this is what it looks like. I tried moving the bumper up to see if it would latch to something but no luck.

Excuse the dirtiness its been wet lately and the thing shots water on the rear bumper sides like mad when driving.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts