BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where i can get them for a really good price? It seems like 90 is the average price people are selling it at. How abou the ones on umnitza.com are they any good. Sorry not trying to say your products are inferior Umnitza just that i dont know anything about it. I'm pretty sure your products are just as good as any out there other wise you wouldnt be sellign them. If you are reading this BTW i live in SF too would it be possible to arrange for a pick up? TIA
 

·
Just Marinatin'
Joined
·
2,850 Posts
why don't you just get the UUC setup?

m3 rear shock mounts and z3 reinforcement plates. Works good for me and only costs about 40 bucks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
part #'s please. taht last time i asked my friend he said it doesnt work or it doesnt fit or something i dont know maybe i need the actual part number. Thanks mcabr
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you installed it yourself or is this something someone with experience should take care of. thanks again...
 

·
Just Marinatin'
Joined
·
2,850 Posts
I did it myself

well me and a buddy. Rear shocks are like the easiest thing to do. They just unscrew in those 3 places pictured and then the shock mount comes from underneath in the wheel well and then you put the Z3 reinforcement plate on top in the inside of the trunk and then screw it down. That simple. Takes like 5 min.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
was the $40 bucks hook up price or is that how much it costs normally. thanks....BTW i would probably have to take the whoel shock assembly out first huh? how tight am i suppose to screw it down?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,746 Posts
TMS alluminum shock tower mounts :thumbup: Plus they come with instructions ;)

Yes, you do have to remove the shocks and mounts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
459 Posts
Re: I did it myself

mcabr said:
well me and a buddy. Rear shocks are like the easiest thing to do. They just unscrew in those 3 places pictured and then the shock mount comes from underneath in the wheel well and then you put the Z3 reinforcement plate on top in the inside of the trunk and then screw it down. That simple. Takes like 5 min.
Did you change your entire rear shocks or just the mounts?? How hard was it? Did you need a spring compressor? Have any DIY pics? Reason I am asking is because I am about to pay a shop to install my new rear Konis but if it is THAT easy i will just do it myself. Thanks.
 

·
Ballin'
Joined
·
2,443 Posts
Re: Re: I did it myself

audikiller said:
Did you change your entire rear shocks or just the mounts?? How hard was it? Did you need a spring compressor? Have any DIY pics? Reason I am asking is because I am about to pay a shop to install my new rear Konis but if it is THAT easy i will just do it myself. Thanks.
The answer to all this is posted 100000 times on the forums, if you do a search you can find it.
Yes you need a spring comparessor, its not hard if you have the tools
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,746 Posts
Re: Re: Re: I did it myself

BAVARIAN323i said:


The answer to all this is posted 100000 times on the forums, if you do a search you can find it.
Yes you need a spring comparessor, its not hard if you have the tools
You don't need a spring compressor to install shocks or shock mounts! You only need one for the struts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,746 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I did it myself

BAVARIAN323i said:


You dont need it to install the shocks, but you do need it for the springs.........
I didn't see where he asked about springs, just the mounts and shocks... maybe I missed something :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
917 Posts
don't mean to just jump in, but anyone tried ground control?

Just curious about their product since they have a lifetime guarentee?
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top