BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a couple weeks ago both of the light indicators for the rear of my car came on in my dash, suggesting that i blew a bulb. I have checked all of my tail lights, reverse, and turn signal and they all work, wtf?
99 323i

·
Registered
26,274 Posts
Brake lights of course...and there's another bulb in side housings right...red light that stays on all the time when lights are on...right? Also, third brake light in center.

But, if both blew out at same time, it could just be bulbs, but check sockets/bulbs for corrosion and clean up. If inside the trunk lid, suspect a broken wire inside the rubber boot from body to lid...search you'll find a recent issue just like yours.

Doug

·
Registered
968 Posts
a tech once told me that the system can also sense a light that may be about to quit because it consumes a different amount of power.

·
Registered
434 Posts
there's a fix posted somewhere here. You need to run a wire tap in the rear bulb housing. It has to do with the grounding or something...

·
Registered
7 Posts
yeah i tried the grounding fix but it looks different for the 325ci so i grounded to the chassey instead, but still the lights then i looked at the licience plate bulbs and both were out i replaced both and they work but the light is still on wtf??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts