E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well first off I have to say, Damn! This was the fastest thing I have ever gotten off ebay. I clicked buy now on Saturday and paypal him the money. My Bulbs came today! So that was super cool.

Anyways. Here's what I got!

1 Pair of Red LED Rear Parking Light 1157 Bulbs $14.00
1 Pair of Red LED Rear Brake Light 1156 Bulbs $14.00
1 Pair of Amber LED Rear Turn Signal 1156 Bulbs $24.00
1 Pair of Hyper White LED License Plate Bulbs $14.00
1 Pair of 9006 Xenon Like 5000K Fog Lights $16.00
*All Prices included shipping.

So as you can see it wasn't the cheapest way to go about this. But everything looked good. Its hard to take pics of LED because they keep turning out purple but in real life they are a Very Deep TRUE RED Color.

The 9006 Fog lights where just some cheap ebay thing. But to my surprise they turned out pretty good. Not 100% match to xenon but then... For 16$, they are alot better than what I had.

The License Plate lights are very cool. They are the same color as my xenon. But where kind off expensive and I had to bend in the prongs to make them fit right.

So now I just need to get resistors behind all of these and I'll be good to go. Because right now its showing all my bulbs out. :eek:

Over all! :thumbup: :thumbup: Awesome Mods!

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Those Fog lights look sweet man. Lem me know where you got them. Not bad at all for $16.00 buckz

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KurriMasta said:
are your blinkers blinking really fast cuz of the lack of resistance?
That’s why you have to install resistors. Right now my rears blink fast but they won't as soon as I install the resistor. That’s how I fixed my fronts. Now they work perfect.

·
Registered
828 Posts
how the hell did u get 1 Pair of 9006 Xenon Like 5000K Fog Lights for $16.00 ???? is $40 too much for a set of 5000k fake xenon fog lights?

·
Owner
3,747 Posts
TimeFor said:

That’s why you have to install resistors. Right now my rears blink fast but they won't as soon as I install the resistor. That’s how I fixed my fronts. Now they work perfect.
Hey dude, do you think you can PM or email me about the resistors? I have some LED bulbs that I removed cuz they were blinking too fast. Always wanted to know how to wire resistors, but no one could educate me. Thanks.

-Joe
[email protected]

·
Registered
60 Posts
So 1157 will fit the Read Taillight?
I bought a pair of 1157 LED but the socket doesn't fit.

The 2 nuts is opposite to each other (0 and 180) in 1157 but the original bulb is about (0 and 225).

How come you can put 1157 onto the Read Taillight?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have to say that those are some of the worst digital pics ever. Please save some cash and get a new camera. Either that or pic a different compression.

Other than that, great. You got nice new bulbs!!!!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SL500- You get 5000k Color Xenon Bulbs for 16$ off Ebay.

peterlai - I shaved one of the prongs down a bit so it would fit in there. It works nicely.

Videoholic- Its not so much the camera than that I compressed it a ton.

I'll take more pics soon.

·
Poor M3 Owner
615 Posts
TimeFor said:
SL500- You get 5000k Color Xenon Bulbs for 16$ off Ebay.

peterlai - I shaved one of the prongs down a bit so it would fit in there. It works nicely.

Videoholic- Its not so much the camera than that I compressed it a ton.

I'll take more pics soon.
16 dollars only????
:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SL500 said:
are they used or something??? coz i got mine 4550k razo for $120 canadian....
No not at all. What happens is companies jack up the prices when they stick a name on the box. These are just a Generic bulb from Japan. In fact $16 for something like this is still a little high. Normal these bulbs would cost $5-6 ea in Japan.

·
Registered
828 Posts
TimeFor said:

No not at all. What happens is companies jack up the prices when they stick a name on the box. These are just a Generic bulb from Japan. In fact $16 for something like this is still a little high. Normal these bulbs would cost $5-6 ea in Japan.
no wonder a guy i know drives a 996 turbo. he was a real good stock broker but now he sells these bulbs now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.