BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Network Analyst
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to take my car into the dealership today to have them start working on replacing the rear window on my 330ci.

A ladder fell over in my garage and landed on my car causing a few small scratches, a small dent, and a shattered rear window.

Has anyone had problems after having their rear window replaced (creaking, leaking whatever)?

I always thought that leaving the ladder where it was wasn't a good idea. :banghead:

dave

·
Banned
4,041 Posts
Wouldn't the dealer gurantee their work? I'm thinking if it were to leak or anything, just bring it back and have them fix it. As for the leaking, i don't know, i never replaced it on my bmw before. I did it on my explorer, and the rear window leak when i washed the car with higher pressure water. And sometimes when it was raining.

·
Network Analyst
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I imagine they would guarantee their work but if I gotta keep bringing it back to them to fix the rear window I won't be keeping my car long.

I'd pick up a new car after I get a new permanent job. *sigh*

dave

·
Just a Brand-wh0re Elitist
3,716 Posts
I had mine replaced on my 00 328i becuz the defroster was causing my radio signals to scramble (don't ask me how) I never had any problems in the following 4 months before selling the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts