E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Beware of pwner
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's actually relatively easy if you know how. Aiya swore me to secrecy. j/k It's a super clean install, looks totally OEM.

He lives in OC, so I had to drive up there today to get it done. You should have no problem getting in touch with him.

Eric

PS: My camera sucks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Them...makes them look really really bright!!! Where did you put the button for the rear fogs???

·
Beware of pwner
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are hooked up to the brake lights, so whenever the red rears are on, they match the intensity.

They really aren't that bright, I took the pic real close, and the camera made that effect. They look OEM really.

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey man.. Glad that you like it. Pictures look great

·
Registered
210 Posts
Cool..Yeah give me a call bro. I wanna check out your wide body kit as well. DAmn it looks sweet.

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,789 Posts
looks good bro!
I love how it "fills" the blank spot when there isnt a bulb in there.
looks good lit.
hmmm, how much was to do it? oem wiring harness or was it custom wiring?

·
Beware of pwner
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He charges $50, for everything, parts and labor. It takes about 2 hours, so it is a very reasonable cost.

Aiya uses custom wiring to the oem harness, and oem bulbs as well.

·
Taiwan/Vancouver/Shanghai
2,253 Posts
humm.. the Rear fog light is suppose to be driver side only.. since people might mistaken it with brake lights. oh well.. good install.

·
Beware of pwner
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know he did an M3, aren't those all coupes?

You might have to ask him, but I'm pretty sure it would be the same. :D

E

·
Registered
705 Posts
I just like how you hooked it up the the brake light. Kind of like a 4 and 5th brake light now. I know the 2002+ e46 have brake lights there. if you hooked it into the brake power doesn't it make your computer say your brake lights are out? If not I am totaly doing this when I get my car back. I would wan them as brake lights, not so much as fogs.

·
Beware of pwner
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's why I wanted them too.

No, there are no faults caused by doing this mod. I think that Aiya even put a diy in the general forum, but if you can get near Orange County, you should let him do them.

E

·
I holla
1,509 Posts
dumb question, what am i suppose to be looking at?

·
Beware of pwner
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Ryan,

The rear fog lights, or the lights on the trunk part that you lift up. Usually they do nothing, at least on mine. So, I got them hooked up to work with the brake lights.

I guess I can show you on Sunday, if we all meet.

E

Attachments

·
I holla
1,509 Posts
oh ic. good stuff. how much did it cost?

btw the white coupe in your sig is HOT!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts