E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped, the driver behind me didn't notice. Took the hat right off my head, and the whole thing occured right in front of the police station. My rear bumper obviously needs to be replaced, but what else should I have my mechanic look at specifically? Sub frame, and...?

How much does it cost to replace a bumper anyways? It's not my money, but I'm curious anyways.

Thanks all.

·
Super Moderator
'02 330i 5-Speed
5,950 Posts
Sorry to hear! I assume you're OK? That's the most important thing.

The frame is the most critical item to check. Check for any rippling above the wheel arches especially. Does the Bentley have a diagram with distances between key chassis points? If so that would be a good thing to take to your mechanic when he appraises the damage.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bad news. Someone at my house went to move the car, apparently it wasn't catching. That was the first cold start attempt since the incident. I went out to look at it and I can't get the damn thing to start at all. It smells like burnt steel. I can only assume this was a result of the incident two days before, because it has always run like a top. However I told the insurance company that it was minor bumper damage on the phone and now this...

Anyone have any experience with this???

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A plethera of error codes are now shown:

P0221 - unrelated, I've had it before.

New codes:
P1084, P1086 --> No DTC found
P0172, Bank 1 sys. too rich
P0174, Bank 2 sys. too lean

·
Registered
54 Posts
The bsd cable charge might have blown on the car, if you check the cable and it's been extended out, there won't be enough contact to start the car.

Check the images below. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The collision guys said that there's something out of place in the engine preventing one of the pistons from rotating. Insurance doesn't want to pay for it. I had a working car before I got hit, now I don't. Any advice on a situation like this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts