E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a noise in 2nd gear only, and only if I give it enough gas, if I do thru the gear slow enough it will never made the noise. Its a thumbing noise and Im thinking its the Half shaft on the passenger side. It happened awhile back, about 10 months ago here and there, and then stopped and I had not heard it in awhile or had it happen in awhile. I got new Invos and now its happening again, however if I put on my MT's which is a taller tire it wont happen, Im thinking its the height the car sits with brand new Invos that has the Half shaft at the right angle so its one of the CV joints on it thats making the noise. With really worn out Invos it doesnt happen, and with much taller MT's it doesnt happen, just seems the perfect height with new invos to make the noise. Maybe I should put a ton of weight in the rear to make the car sit and see if it goes away. Question is, if I get new half shaft will it stop or still happen and its just a bad height and angle with new invos? Or maybe its something totally different and someone can enlighten me, thanks alot to those who help!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts