E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i blew out one of the rear speakers in my e46 sedan. It came with the standard non Hk sound system. I replaced both rears with Tempo Coaxial speakers. However when I got them installed, the guy told me that he had to disconnect the rear door speakers ( the tweeters in the doors.) He said he had to so he can reroute whatever wires ( or something like that) that those tweeters needed to the new tempo speakers. Did he need to do that in order to get the tempo speakers working. To be honest, I was interested in actually adding more bass( or base) to my overall sound system. However, i dont see that with the coaxial speakers.
1) Is it better that i find component speakers that focus on just the lows?
2) Is it possible to install speakers in the rear deck that focus on the bass, and if so , would those have to be component speakers?
3) did the guy who installed my coaxial speakers actually have to disconnect the rear door tweeters.
4) if i keep the setup the way it is with my tempo speakers in there, can i put midrange speakers in the rear doors without having to do any extra wiring?

The main thing i want to ask is what is the best way to get the most bass through adding speakers in the rear deck.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Lmao you fuccked up your wiring. The old speakers can be replaced for like $30 each at ecstuning

·
Registered
2004 330i
7,469 Posts
the guy that did the work doesn't know the system

first off the rear door speakers are mid range not tweeters

the rear deck speakers are 6x9 sub woofers, not 2 way speakers, there is only one 6x9 subwoofer on market that i know of, don't waste your time

all he did is disconnect the wires to your mid ranges and send that signal to the rear 2 ways, which is not a proper signal for them

the hk system is all split up via a crossover and the appropriate signal is sent to each component speaker

bring it back, have the ahole re wire your door speakers.................disconnect and rip out the rear deck subs if you haven't don't so allready
leave the covers on deck so no hole showing

get an infinity basslink and wire it as such

not alot you can do for bass with this system other than ripping it all out and starting from scratch which is alot of money and work

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=535408&highlight=basslink

same old story, everytime you let someone work on your car they butcher it up, that's what this forum is for, to avoid that, hope you learned your lesson, do your homework , do it yourself next time

get your money back

feel free to print this out and teach him something ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just finished putting in Polk DXi Series 6 1/2 in the rear deck and 5 1/4 in the front bottom. WOW...what a difference. They went right in with the furnished adapters from Crutchfield. I am very pleased with the upgrade. This was really an easy upgrade. Mine is a non HK system also.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,983 Posts
The HK and non HK have different impedance ratings. Both of which arent the usual. So just make sure your new speakers are same.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The factory are 2 ohm and the speakers I put in (Polk) are 4 ohm. I will have to turn the volume a tad higher to reach the same loudness level but not a problem. The amp works harder but not a issue. The important part...what a improvement over the factory speakers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok this is a great thread and I’m in the process of upgrading my speakers in my 2006 325Ci E46 Coupe. :thumbsup:

I want to keep the original head deck (looks, nav-no internet needed, cost). How do you know if you have a HK system or not?
Does anyone have a Link to the workshop and operators manual for the Nav MK4?

Ive ordered a set of splits for the front and was going to run them off 2400W 4 channel Boss Amp and bridge 2 channels for the Alpine 12” sub.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190456852614?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190648013218?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

The boss amp sez it has an “Input Sensitivity Selector” so will I need a PAC line output converter?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280489083227?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

I’m stuck for ideas on the back speakers? Thinking a second Boss amp and ???
What speakers are in the rear arm rest area of my coupe?
:hmm: :hmm:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.